Now Hiring: Security Software Application Engineer
TrustiPhi is creating a software development kit (SDK) that will enable customers to integrate specific hardware security components into their unique products, which may include self-driving cars, medical devices, military and aerospace applications, energy grid, consumer products and other devices in the Internet of Things (IoT). The software will execute on a broad range of computing platforms ranging from large servers, down to small embedded devices.
The Security Software Application Engineer will act as the critical link between the TrustiPhi engineering department and key customers and partners as they integrate the SDK into their own product offerings. The Security Software Application Engineer will develop, modify, and debug applications per requirements and develop demonstration products for the customer’s use. This position offers the opportunity to develop cutting edge security software for one of the largest semiconductor manufacturers in the world..
This is a mid-level to senior position that will require a broad range of hands-on skills. The day-to-day tasks may change rapidly as the Security Software Application Engineer works to solve customer’s challenges. Although this position is software-oriented, there may also be occasional requirements for creating (building, assembling, connecting) physical systems and demonstrations. Building these customer solution requires a “can do” attitude and the confidence to do what it takes to get the job done.
Over time, the Security Software Application Engineer will transition to other projects that may include software development related to the use of a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or other projects involving device and data integrity, confidentiality and authenticity in an age of ubiquitous cyber-attacks.
The following are the initial tasks the new hire will be expected to perform. Specifics will change over time according to the company’s needs.
- Integrate SDK into applications to be used by customers
- Develop sample software for customers
- Port SDK and application code to new hardware and software platforms
- Develop demonstration products
- Act as technical interface between TrustiPhi, customer and partner engineering teams
- Offer insight into product development based on SDK use by customer
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent related experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience (5+ years preferred)
- Solid C/C++ skills required; Java, C#, Python and RESTful API experience a plus
- Windows PC application software development experience
- Linux, embedded systems, and cross-platform development experience
- Experience with hardware-software integration
- Experience with computer networking
- Excellent verbal, written, and other commutation skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond core job responsibilities
- Creative and innovative
TrustiPhi is known as the Security Enablement Company. Founded in 2014, we are a small, privately owned, high-impact company focused on leading the evolution of security for the Internet of Things (IoT). We enable seamless integration of hardware security technologies into next-generation devices through advanced security architectures and innovative software solutions. We were founded by two of the world’s leading experts in trusted computing and hardware-based security and we have guided Fortune 500 companies and the US Government in the delivery of secure products for more than 20 years. We are continually growing the TrustiPhi network of top tier technology partners to build ecosystems with solutions that leverage secure hardware and advanced software capabilities.
What do you get working at TrustiPhi?
- Ground floor involvement in a startup, including future equity opportunities
- Rapid growth opportunities
- Direct work with recognized leaders in the information security and trusted computing spaces
- Constant access to and daily learning from senior developers
- A high impact, high involvement role
- Exposure to advanced research and development on next-generation security for IoT devices
- Constant learning
- A positive and collaborative work environment
- High expectations
- Challenging work
- Competitive compensation
What do you not get working at TrustiPhi?
- Bureaucracy and layers of management
- Irrelevant work
- Rigid working schedule
- An office in a gleaming skyscraper (at least, not yet)
We offer health insurance and 401K for all employees, competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and are reviewing options for additional benefits. We instituted profit sharing in 2018 and we also hope in the future to provide equity based on tenure with the company. Equally important, though, is our commitment that all employees will be well cared for. We promise to dedicate ourselves to trying to make TrustiPhi the best place you have ever worked. Let us know what would make TrustiPhi your dream job. Oh, yeah – free coffee and snacks and a birthday lunch where we can all celebrate having you on our team.
TrustiPhi is a privately owned startup with a tight-knit team and we are looking for exceptional people that will bring unique perspectives and talents to TrustiPhi. Our employees are our most important resources, so making sure new employees are a good fit is essential. We will make sure you get to interview us as much as we interview you. Our process is informal and focused on learning about both your current capabilities and the type of employee you will become while helping you understand what it would be like working for TrustiPhi. We will consider you in your totality – work ethic, attitude, drive, skills, experience, capabilities – and if you can impress us, we’ll make sure you never regret joining us.
Our culture is what makes TrustiPhi a truly exceptional company to work for. We live the motto that you have to put people first and integrity has to permeate everything you do. Our security and software experts are always willing to share what they know and we are constantly looking for ways to help our team members grow. We work for each other and together our mission is to ensure our customers are more than just happy with us, but are successful in meeting their own goals. And we don’t try to dictate when or how our team members get their work done. If you need to work from home or get your work done late at night while taking care of other things during the day, as long as you give your all and produce results, we’ll work with you.
As company leaders, we value everyone’s perspectives and the team works as a group to forge the best path forward for the company. And, as a startup, there is always opportunity for anyone to step up and take over a role that they believe the company needs filled – from social media lead to scrum master to celebration coordinator. But don’t just take our word for it. Come talk to our team members and they’ll tell you all about it.