Security Software Engineer I
TrustiPhi is creating a software development kit (SDK) that will enable customers to integrate specific hardware security components into their unique products, which may include self-driving cars, medical devices, military and aerospace applications, energy grid, consumer products and other devices in the Internet of Things (IoT). The software will execute on a broad range of computing platforms ranging from large servers, down to small embedded devices.
The Security Software Engineer I will be involved in many areas of SDK and other software development with focus on testing, debugging, and application development. The Security Software Engineer I will be challenged to develop systematic tests which “break” the software during development and to use the test results to improve the overall quality of TrustiPhi’s software. In addition to testing, other software work will involve all aspects of the software development life cycle including deriving requirements, software architecture, realization (writing code), deployment, and maintenance.
The Security Software Engineer I will work closely with senior engineers which will provide an excellent opportunity for mentorship and hands-on training. This position is well-suited for a smart, enthusiastic engineer who has the interest and ability to learn quickly, but may not have many years of professional experience and offers the opportunity to develop cutting edge security software for some of the largest semiconductor manufacturers in the world.
- Design and implement applications and control software modules responsible for enabling new security features of next-generation semiconductor devices used to protect systems against complex hardware-targeted cybersecurity attacks
- Plan, design and implement automated unit-level and system-level tests using an off-the-shelf test framework (xUnit, GoogleTest, etc.)
- Create software and SDKs that enable secure hardware device-centric solutions to be integrated into local and connected-cloud systems used on PCs, automobiles, medical devices, mobile devices, custom hardware, and IoT devices
- Work with internal and customer teams to help define and understand software/system requirements
- Collaborate in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies and tools
Desirable skills and qualifications include:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent related experience)
- C or C++ programming experience (highly desirable); Java, C# and Python a plus
- Windows PC application software development experience
- Software debugging experience
- Experience with Linux, embedded systems, and cross-platform development
- Continuous integration (i.e. Jenkins, Travis CI), unit test frameworks (i.e. GoogleTest, CppUnit, JUnit) and configuration management (i.e. Subversion, Git) experience
- Experience implementing unit and system tests using existing automated testing systems
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond core job responsibilities
- Creative and innovative
- Desire to solve problems, research, and learn
- Good communication skills
TrustiPhi is known as the Security Enablement Company. Founded in 2014, we are a small, privately owned, high-impact company focused on leading the evolution of security for the Internet of Things (IoT). We enable seamless integration of hardware security technologies into next-generation devices through advanced security architectures and innovative software solutions. We were founded by two of the world’s leading experts in trusted computing and hardware-based security and we have guided Fortune 500 companies and the US Government in the delivery of secure products for more than 20 years. We are continually growing the TrustiPhi network of top tier technology partners to build ecosystems with solutions that leverage secure hardware and advanced software capabilities.
What do you get working at TrustiPhi?
- Ground floor involvement in a startup, including future equity opportunities
- Rapid growth opportunities
- Direct work with recognized leaders in the information security and trusted computing spaces
- Constant access to and daily learning from senior developers
- A high impact, high involvement role
- Exposure to advanced research and development on next-generation security for IoT devices
- Constant learning
- A positive and collaborative work environment
- High expectations
- Challenging work
- Competitive compensation
What do you not get working at TrustiPhi?
- Bureaucracy and layers of management
- Irrelevant work
- Rigid working schedule
- An office in a gleaming skyscraper (at least, not yet)
We offer health insurance and 401K for all employees, competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and are reviewing options for additional benefits. We instituted profit sharing in 2018 and we also hope in the future to provide equity based on tenure with the company. Equally important, though, is our commitment that all employees will be well cared for. We promise to dedicate ourselves to trying to make TrustiPhi the best place you have ever worked. Let us know what would make TrustiPhi your dream job. Oh, yeah – free coffee and snacks and a birthday lunch where we can all celebrate having you on our team.
TrustiPhi is a privately owned startup with a tight-knit team and we are looking for exceptional people that will bring unique perspectives and talents to TrustiPhi. Our employees are our most important resources, so making sure new employees are a good fit is essential. We will make sure you get to interview us as much as we interview you. Our process is informal and focused on learning about both your current capabilities and the type of employee you will become while helping you understand what it would be like working for TrustiPhi. We will consider you in your totality – work ethic, attitude, drive, skills, experience, capabilities – and if you can impress us, we’ll make sure you never regret joining us.
Our culture is what makes TrustiPhi a truly exceptional company to work for. We live the motto that you have to put people first and integrity has to permeate everything you do. Our security and software experts are always willing to share what they know and we are constantly looking for ways to help our team members grow. We work for each other and together our mission is to ensure our customers are more than just happy with us, but are successful in meeting their own goals. And we don’t try to dictate when or how our team members get their work done. If you need to work from home or get your work done late at night while taking care of other things during the day, as long as you give your all and produce results, we’ll work with you.
As company leaders, we value everyone’s perspectives and the team works as a group to forge the best path forward for the company. And, as a startup, there is always opportunity for anyone to step up and take over a role that they believe the company needs filled – from social media lead to scrum master to celebration coordinator. But don’t just take our word for it. Come talk to our team members and they’ll tell you all about it.