Track Record and Qualifications
Our team’s in-depth understanding of the spectrum of security threats and solutions has allowed us to build an outstanding track record of delivering for industry and government clients.
Quantifiable Success and Versatility
We have led the development efforts for security software and firmware that has shipped on over a billion devices worldwide, covering Windows, Linux, RTOS, Android, iOS and non-OS environments.
Industry Leadership and Technical Depth
Members of the TrustiPhi team have chaired the:
- IEEE P1363 working group
- Trusted Computing Group’s TPM working group
- the TPM Software Stack (TSS) working group
- We contributed as security editor/author of IEEE 802.15.3, IEEE 802.15.4 and EESS #1.
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and 2.0: We were key contributors to these TPM specifications.
- TSS / TPM firmware development leadership: TrustiPhi engineers have led teams that developed multiple TSS and TPM firmware implementations and TPM-enabled applications.
Innovation and Vision
Our engineering staff each average over 5 individually-earned US patents, in addition to European and jointly held patents.
Trusted by the Largest Technology Providers and Users
- US Department of DefenseMicrosoft
- Leonardo DRS
- Broadcom, Atmel / Microchip
- Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, Fujitsu
- Microsoft, Intel, Dell, Broadcom, Fujitsu and Atmel: Helped these and other industry leaders to deploy Trusted Computing and/or hardware security technologies.
- US Department of Defense: Our cofounders supported the DoD’s Trusted Computing strategy, and led their educational outreach to the commercial sector on DoD’s preferred approaches to security issues.
- Implemented the DICE standard to enable a next-generation cyber-resilient security solution that leverages secure flash memory.
- Implemented TPM firmware and built a TSS.
- Leadership in Trusted Computing workgroups over several years.
- Implementation of NIST standards, particularly FIPS 140-2
- Helped validate FIPS 140 and Common Criteria.
- Micron Authenta. Played a key role in developing this memory-based solution.
- Hardware Security Modules. Extensive work with HSMs.
- Biometric identification (see following section).
- Biometric user identification and platform authentication: Envisioned, architected and developed secure semiconductor and software solutions for fingerprint verification products integrated into PCs, mobile phones and embedded systems manufactured by HP, Dell, Samsung, Lenovo, Toshiba, Motorola, Fujitsu and other global OEMs.
- Microsoft: Assisted the Microsoft OS Core Security development team in design of the Windows Biometric Framework.
- Software Development Toolkit: We created the Micron SDK for Authenta developers, including product-line test tools.
- Intel, NXP, Broadcom, VeriSign (now a Symantec company): TrustiPhi engineers worked closely with these and other partners to architect embedded and connected, foundation-level semiconductor-level and system-level hardware and software infrastructure security solutions for embedded and connected systems.
- Led the software and firmware development of devices which then received FDA, UL, and CE approval and were successful in the marketplace.
- Developed open-source software and middleware tools used by a global chip-maker and shared with their technology partners.
- Embedded firmware development
- Worked directly with wide variety of microcontrollers made by ARM, Texas Instruments, Analog Devices, and others.
Internet of Things (IoT)
- Now developing cyber resiliency products geared to protect a wide range of IoT devices to edge and gateway devices.
- Developed components for cloud and device-side products to help manage next-generation security hardware for new and future IoT endpoint provisioning POC
- IoT demo systems that sense and control systems from smartphones and browsers.
- Generated embedded software for medical devices, complying with FDA and AIMD (EU) standards, e.g. IEC 62304, IEC 62366, IEC 60601-1-4, AAMI SW68, and ISO 14971.
- Led software architecture design for successful and FDA-approved medical devices.
- Testing, risk management, and regulatory compliance documentation for software for medical devices – in collaboration with clients’ QA and compliance teams.
- MFoCS Project: Developed a security architecture built on Trusted Computing including TPM.
- Certificate-based security architecture for battlefield device-to-command authentication and device platform integrity
- DARPA and US military: Support role as subcontractor to prime contractor(s) on security-focused projects.
- US Air Force: Developed automated planning and monitoring systems for Air Operation Centers.
- Trident missile program: Calibration systems for a missile guidance system.
- Military command & control: Contributed to development of experimental C2 systems.
- CPLD – Programmable logic design.
- Development of DSP (digital signal processing) and microcontroller design for three Top 10 consumer electronics manufacturers.
- Biometric security for smartphones and other mobile devices
- Audio and video product development’
- High-volume manufacturing experience.
- Successful implementation of USB, motor control, human-machine interface, GPS, Bluetooth, digital imaging, audio processing.
Energy and Critical Infrastructure
- Cyber resiliency for new and retrofit devices.
- Capability to protect remote / field devices against loading malware.
- Metered and telemetry security.
Standards-related and Other Projects
TrustiPhi staff have performed in the following capacities and roles:
- Projects for the IBM TJ Watson Research Center
- Significant project work with certification to standards such as DO-178B, SEAL, and Mil-Std-2167A.
- Business process engineering to AS9100/9115 standard.
- Managed global sales engineering and technical consulting teams for international telecommunication carriers.
- Built advanced applications for mobile computing.
- Led business development efforts for a Trusted Computing Division that designed leading-edge hardware and firmware security platforms for Fortune 1000 equipment and computer chip manufacturers.