In this key role at TrustiPhi, you’ll be creating breakthrough cyber-resilient IoT solutions designed to help protect billions of devices in an age of ubiquitous cyber-attacks, while working with state-of-the-art security technology developed by the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers (with our help).
Salary: $90,000 to $140,000 Annually
Benefits: 401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lead Back-end Developer to help design and build the sophisticated backend control system of an innovative cloud-based platform that enables and manages groundbreaking cyber-resilient security protection capabilities for Internet-of-Things (IoT) edge and gateway devices.
Working closely with the product architect and other Back-end/Front-end developers, the Lead Back-end Developer will play an integral role designing and implementing components that interoperate within a distributed cloud system as well as interfaces with remote IoT devices (running an agent) and other 3rd party remote systems to perform real-time configuration and management operations required to enable a multitude of new cybersecurity protection capabilities.
You will be implementing complex asynchronous and synchronous interactive processes running a (single-cluster) Docker/Kubernetes infrastructure using a microservice cloud model. Implementation and design of the cloud-side (cloud provider-agnostic) system requires experience working with a variety of standard back-end software technologies and methodologies as well as experience using symmetric/asymmetric cryptographic operations. Optional opportunity: implement device-side software agent functionality that requires experience with more device-centric software technologies.
Ideally this is a senior-level position that will require a broad range of cloud-centric and “cross-technology” software architecture and development skills – although a driven individual with lesser experience and a portfolio of similar projects will also be considered. Day-to-day responsibilities for this position are intended to be focused on internal product development but can also involve performing related software development tasks for customer-specific projects when necessary.
This position offers the opportunity to work with the latest cloud engineering methodologies while creating breakthrough cyber-resilient IoT solutions in an age of ubiquitous cyber-attacks; with the added benefit of working with state-of-the-art security technology from some of the largest semiconductor manufacturers in the world (some of which we helped them developer).
The following are the initial tasks the new hire will be expected to perform, but the specifics may change over time as our market demands and client needs change.
- Help design and enhance a scalable cloud platform and the associated back-end and (optionally) device-side components required
- Actively design and develop new features for TrustiPhi’s Triathlon product suite using a variety of back-end and cloud system development technologies
- Design and build the various cloud components required to support product requirements
- Work with internal and customer teams to help define and understand software/system requirements
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent related experience)
- 3 – 4+ years experience designing and implementing scalable back-end cloud systems used to simultaneously interact with connected devices/systems
- Extensive experience with the following back-end software technologies:
- Message queues (e.g., RabbitMQ)
- SQL and noSQL databases (mySQL and Mongo db preferred)
- Docker containers
- Protocol buffersREST API development and usage
- TCP-IP sockets
- Experience with setting up and managing cloud components within a Kubernetes environment running on one or more Linux servers
- (Desired but not required) Experience with one or more of the following:
- Python programming
- FTP file transfer libraries
- Cryptographic libraries and services (e.g., Node.js crypto library, OpenSSL, etc.)
- Developing software to perform cryptographic operations (hashing, HMAC, encryption/decryption, ECC, RSA, etc.)
- Implementing device-side functionality using: C++, compilers, Linux, cryptographic operations, TLS-based and TCP sockets (MQTT knowledge helpful but as well)
- Setting up, running and general management of core cloud components in a Microsoft Azure (Linux) virtual machine
- Designing and implementing muti-cluster Kubernetes/Docker cloud-based systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond core job responsibilities
- Creative and innovative