TrustiPhi is creating a software development kit (SDK) that will enable customers to integrate specific hardware security components into their unique products, which may include self-driving cars, medical devices, military and aerospace applications, energy grid, consumer products and other devices in the Internet of Things (IoT). The software will execute on a broad range of computing platforms ranging from large servers, down to small embedded devices.
The Security Software Application Engineer will act as the critical link between the TrustiPhi engineering department and key customers and partners as they integrate the SDK into their own product offerings. The Security Software Application Engineer will develop, modify, and debug applications per requirements and develop demonstration products for the customer’s use. This position offers the opportunity to develop cutting edge security software for one of the largest semiconductor manufacturers in the world..
This is a mid-level to senior position that will require a broad range of hands-on skills. The day-to-day tasks may change rapidly as the Security Software Application Engineer works to solve customers’ challenges. Although this position is software-oriented, there may also be occasional requirements for creating (building, assembling, connecting) physical systems and demonstrations. Building these customer solution requires a “can do” attitude and the confidence to do what it takes to get the job done.
Over time, the Security Software Application Engineer will transition to other projects that may include software development related to the use of a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or other projects involving device and data integrity, confidentiality and authenticity in an age of ubiquitous cyber-attacks.
The following are the initial tasks the new hire will be expected to perform. Specifics will change over time according to the company’s needs.
- Integrate SDK into applications to be used by customers
- Develop sample software for customers
- Port SDK and application code to new hardware and software platforms
- Develop demonstration products
- Act as technical interface between TrustiPhi, customer and partner engineering teams
- Offer insight into product development based on SDK use by customer
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent related experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience (5+ years preferred)
- Solid C/C++ skills required; Java, C#, Python and RESTful API experience a plus
- Windows PC application software development experience
- Linux, embedded systems, and cross-platform development experience
- Experience with hardware-software integration
- Experience with computer networking
- Excellent verbal, written, and other communication skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond core job responsibilities
- Creative and innovative